I wanted to do a post on how much I’m loving my new makeup bag. It carries everything I need for my entire face because I do most of my makeup on the go now and not at home. It even has a covered section for brushes.
The bag sits flat and so does everything inside and then under the top flap is a section for brushes complete with a clear cover to protect the brushes but also allow for you to see through.
Because I want to be able to do my entire face, I carry a lot of brushes with me. There’s no space up there for my powder brush so I just have it sitting in the main compartment. Here’s what I take:
• Sephora bronzing brush for all over face powder, I love how soft it is!
• Sonia kashuk foundation brush
• Elf big flat brush for concealer under my eyes, and elf small flat brush for spot concealing
• Sonia kashuk angled brush for contouring and blush application
• Sonia kashuk powder brush for highlighting
• Elf minerals lip brush & smashbox flat gel liner brush
• Smashbox big brush for all over my eyelid
• Angled brush for brow powder
• VS eyeshadow brush that I love because its really dense and thick
• Sonia kashuk blending brush
Here is a picture of everything I carry in the main compartment! Can you imagine, all of this fits in that tiny makeup bag!
The following are grouped shots of what I carry. First are face and primers that I carry.
• I always start with concealer under my eyes. I carry two with me, maybellene fit and my faceshop solid stick. I have the maybellene one just in case my faceshop stick really does die on my and fly somewhere I can’t find 🙂 I’m not too picky on undereye concealers because I just need a light color to make my dark circles disappear. As long as its not too yellow or pink I’m fine with it.
• smashbox primer before foundation
• I only use one foundation and that’s revlon’s HD photofinish in 007. It has never failed me or broken me out so I’ve never had cause to try out something new but more foundation is one of my goals this summer so I will definitely be researching
• pressed translucent powder from amazing cosmetics that I use to set my makeup. Previously I used BE mineral veil but I hated the powder getting everywhere so I set out to find a good pressed finishing powder and found this. I’m pretty happy with it. Its not chalky and it sets my makeup well. I’m on the hunt for a more velvety one though.
• huge UD eye primer for eye makeup
• mini stila smudge pot in a champagne color for eye makeup base
• extra sponges for foundation application
Next, basic eye tools
• faceshop double ended brow pencil. It has a wide pencil for angled drawing one end and a brow brush on the other end
• lash glue for application and emergencies
• brown eyeshadow for brow powder
• Shu Uemura eyelash curler
• Japonesque mini/single curler for spot curling
Next, blushes and eyeshadow
• Underneath everything, I have my stila palette with colors for a smokey eye and purple
• My go-to blush from NARS in Mata Hari. Its this pretty purple fushia that’s really nice on the cheeks
• My go to combo from NARS in Orgasm/laguna. I don’t use orgasm as much now, mostly just laguna to define my cheek bones
• Two quads from Loreal for neutrals and a darker one from maybellene. up there I have it under Revlon but I think its actually Loreal.
• Lorac highlighter in spotlight. I love this one. I got this as part of a kit from sephora for Christmas and its perfect because its small so that’s less bulk for my bag. I also like that is an orange/peach tint and not straight up white so its more natural on my skin
• Black matte shadow from UD in perversion for smokey eyes, again, I need to be able to do any look with what I have in this bag
Finally, other eye and lip products I carry:
• Two gel liners from stila and skinfood in black and brown. I’ve been really into gel liners lately, in fact you can see from this shot that I don’t even have a liquid liner with me anymore
• I carry three lipsticks, a peachy nude from VS called scrumptious, an orange from the Faceshop, and Pink Nouveau from MAC so I have my three basic colors: nude, orange, pink
• A dark black pencil liner from sephora flash for tightlining
• I also carry a ton of Lip liners with me; a baby pink in dolly pink from NYX, an orange from the faceshop, a nude/pink duo from Ulta, a pink from the Faceshop, and a brownish color from the Faceshop
• Another kohl eyeliner from Sephora in brown for tightlining
• Lorac lipgloss in haute
• One mascara, MUFE Smokeylash!
And that is all I have in my bag! I plan on eliminating some lip liners and adding a lipgloss and another blush but we’ll see if I can get it all to fit!
I’ve done a little shopping on my trip and actually did quite a bit of damage at the faceshop. First though, are my finds from the Kawaii store. I got two gift box sets that I already put together to display. They’re about $2.50 – $2.99 each.
I also got this cute two tierd bento! Its huge!
I found some tab stickers that I love. I got some from LA last year but I was only able to find the blue ones. These are different colored sheets!
And last but not least I got this cute little container that I will use to store earrings and necklaces for when I travel again. Its really cool. There’s compartment part on top with lots of little squares for earrings and then you can lift it up to put bigger things on bottom.
Next are items I got from the faceshop & h-mart. First is a collective faceshop shot:
Here is a closer look at samples. It was funny, the sales lady took a look at my hair and concluded it was damaged so she gave me a sample for damaged hair.
Now onto the good stuff! I bought a gel liner set in black because I’m currently running on just a small pot of stila paint pot in black and anticipate running out soon. Its actually pretty big and comes with a mini brush that I will probably not use.
I also got three lipsticks from three different lines. The middle one is from an older line and was 40% off!
^ I got a baby pink, a muavey purple, and an orange. I’m most excited about the orange!
I also got three four liners, 3 lip liners and 1 brow pencil liner. These three are from the same line but the bottom one is the brow pencil. The lip liners are in a light brown color for nudes and a light pink color.
Here is a picture of the other lip liner which is an orange.
I also got a retractable lipbrush:
I also got an impulse mud mask for the nose:
Along with that, I got a concealer stick in the darkest color they had. I haven’t used solid concealers in a while so I don’t know how I’ll like it.
And last but not least I got face sponges and a 4 packs of facial cotton wipes (I gave two to my sister.)
Along with cosmetics I purchased several sets of utensils because I love long Korean spoons and thin chopsticks.
I also got this cute little pencil box that I was going to use for carrying my brushes but then I bought something else when I came home that rendered this box useless. Its stil cute though and I’ll probably find some other use for it.
Also included in this post are my recent target purchases:
I got a box of tissue, two cosmetic bags (because I couldn’t decide,) a foam coloring kit, Elf gel liner in purple and a new contact case.
In the end I chose this bag for my cosmetics because it had the most space and did the most with what I like to carry. I used to just carry a small set of cosmetics in my purse for touch ups but now I carry most o f my basic makeup with me because I go to the gym a lot and shower there so I needed a case that will carry a lot of makeup and the fact that it has a section for brushes just makes it that much better.
And that concludes my recent purchases!