I did a little shopping the other day and decided I would do some lip swatches. First, some quickies from Walmart and Kmart.
• I’ve been struggling with tweezers lately because I now have three that I use for different purposes. One I use is a thicker tweezer for placing my false lashes and then I have a Revlon with a small tip for brow plucking and finally a tiny one for really close tweezing. The other day I went to my sisters and used her tweezers and I really liked them so I went to kmart and got one that was similar. It’s a medium-small size but its got a really sharp pointed tip and works really well for plucking. This baby has eliminated two of my tweezers so I’m pretty happy! It also comes with an extra one that I don’t use.
• I got facial exfoliating sponges to scrub away dead skin cells
• I also got a Neutrogena makeup removing cleanser because I ran out of my clean & clear one and they no longer make it. I just prefer a cleanser to remove makeup because I’ve found that wipes don’t remove all my makeup and I’d rather not have clogged pores
• I also got a new eco-tools loofah for my gym bag
• And then I got a sally hanson top coat clear polish for work
I also stopped by Ulta to use my coupon and got 4 nyx lip products. First, two jumple pencils that look pretty similar. They look pinky peach and light orangey.
Here is what it looks like on the skin:
On, though, they’re actually quite light and frosty looking.
I will be returning these two because I won’t be using them.
I also got two lip liners that I love! One is a called nude pink and it’s a light rosey pink color. The other is called pinky and it’s a hot pink color.
Here are some quick swatches of the following three lipliners I’ve recently purchased from NYX
Frist, nude pink:
^I love this color!
Next, dolly pink:
^here it looks crazy but its actually a really cute light purple pink color.
^I love it!
I also bought a lipstick during spring break by MAC called Pink Nouveau. I actually went in to buy morange but it was just looking funky on my lips that day so I got this instead.
And then I also wanted to do a quick swatch of my new favorite lipstick from the Faceshop in 217, a super cute orange shade
And finally, I wanted to show you all my new concealer from the Faceshop. It’s a solid concealer in the darkest color they had, which still is pretty light. I’ve used it every day since I bought it two weeks ago but it broke one day 😦
I didn’t push it too far out or anything, it just fell out when I opened it. It still works though, I just shove it back in there and open it carefully.
Previously, I used liquid concealer under my eyes but I like this much better because it doesn’t drip and move and I don’t have to wait for it to dry before moving onto more eye makeup.
And here is the eye comparison. On the left is with concealer and on the right is without.
As you can see I definitely look more refreshed with concealer. I don’t have super dark eyes but they are slightly darker than my skin tone. If I don’t wear anything at all, I always at least wear concealer under my eyes.
That’s all for now. Look forward to a post of more swatches from my faceshop purchases.