Like the above title, these are some of my favorite things of 2010, some likely to roll over to 2011! They’re not necessarily what I used most or what I paid the most for, they’re just products I found to really work well or products that surprised me.
• Nars Blush in Mata Hari – I just can’t get over the beautiful purple/pink.
• Victoria’s Secret Lipstick in scrumptious – a late but worthy find
• Origins starting over age erasing moisturizer with mimosa – pumping the good stuff back into my skin every night!
• Clean & Clear makeup dissolving cleanser (now discontinued) – I discovered this after realizing my makeup wipes were just not cutting it and now that its discontinued I’ve been on the hunt for a replacement
• Neutregena oil free eye makeup remover – my Etude one gave me milia (I know it was the Etude one because besides that the only other thing I’ve used on my eyes is a Murad eye cream that I now still use without complications)
• Revlon Photoready foundation – the only foundation I use
• Sephora Professionals goat hair bronzer brush – I use it for my pressed powder and it does wonders and is super soft
• Lorac front of the line pro eyeliner – another late discovery but the only brown liquid liner I can find
• Sephora kohl eyeliner – works better than the flashy short version
• Tarte Jewelry holiday palette from Sephora – I cannot get over the awesome deal and great color selection
• Mac lipsticks in Ravishing and crosswires – two lipsticks that I do wear regularly
• Sephora lipstick in lilac – the perfect moisturizing purple color
I also discovered or more like dipped my hand into trying MAC products for the first time this year and so far I’m not convinced of the fad. The only thing I really really like about them is that they have a large selection and color range. Now granted, I’ve only tried a few of their products (concealer, blush, lipstick) but I don’t know, I’m not impressed yet. I do like their huge lipstick range though.
• Skirts – all sorts, flouncy, short, pencil, etc.
• Dresses – all kinds
• Tapered work pants with pleats
• Shoulder bags – I’ve always been lazy, I’m glad fashion has finally caught up to me lol
I’ve recently been really into “work” clothes lately so my buys and taste have been veered more in that direction. I was also really excited about the Lanvin for H&M collection until I found out the average price was still more than I’m willing to spend. This year I really lusted after all things Alexandar Wang, Chloe, Marni, Burberry Porsum, and I practically drooled over Balmain all year.
other things I found myself obsessing over this year
• Drink – coffee (I’ve been drinking too much, I’m trying to transition to teas, by this time next year, I’ll be a avid tea drinker and specialist extraordinaire!)
• SPF – I listen to this nutrition radio show on Sundays and they’re always talking about spf and vitamin D, etc so I’ve been crazy researching and making sure I SPF myself up everyday because since I’m reaching my mid 20s, I’ve been worrying about wrinkles and spots and skin issues.
• Blogging – although I only started two months ago, I’ve been really liking it. It’s sort of the diary I was always too lazy to keep up—except for this is easier and requires less wrist work.
• Traveling – I haven’t traveled out of state since March but I feel like since I’ve traveled so much in the last year and half, I’ve become obsessed with it and am constantly working out how I can travel more.
• Finances – because I’m out of school now and have about 30k in school debts to deal with, I’ve been working frantically to figure out how I can pay it all back before I spend more.
• Planners and unlined notebooks – I’ve gone through 3 planners and 3 moleskin notebooks. I love having something tangible to flip through and I love moleskin notebooks because they’re the perfect size and weight and they have an unlined version.
Well, that’s all or at least all I can think of for my 2010 favorites. Look out for more new years type posts.