It’s New Years eve and I’m sitting in my room, waiting for the clock to strike 12. Because of the lousy MN weather, I’m stuck inside instead of partying New Years Eve. It’s been raining and sleeting non-stop outside for the past two days. The roads are icy and the parties are far so I’ve been forced to stay inside on the biggest celebration day of the year.
Tonight It’ll just be me, my family, a cup of homemade cappuccino, my Harry Potter marathon and the lonely gold sparkly skirt I was planning to wear out tonight. Oh well, there will be another time for sparkles. Even my plan B fell through (girl’s night at my cousins.)
All of this of course leaves me with my thoughts and resolutions for the new year. I have some doable ones and then some crazy outlandish ones but I’ll list them anyway. I’ll start off my list with things from my pre-list a few posts back but I’ll organize it this time into must do and want to do.
Must do list
• Either find a career or go back for my MBA by 2012
• Do some volunteer work either with young hmong students or on community projects
• Get my own phone plan
• Do an inventory of my clothes and get started on my virtual closet
• Sell all the unwanted stuff like clothes and books
• Find a therapeutic activity other than shopping
• Keep my accounts and finances in order
• Do a solid 5-10 plan of what I want to achieve and where I want to be
• go to LA and one other place this year
• Go to a concert (with seats)
• Start on my scrapbook and memo book or merge the two
• Continue making photo prints instead of just archiving digital ones
• Learn to cook (I don’t know how well this one will go)
• Meet new people (be more friendly to strangers lol) – I don’t spend too much time getting to know new people, especially men because I don’t want to appear as if I’m flirting or leading anyone on.
• Join clubs/groups – I would really like to join a book club this year!
• On that note, read more and start writing for fun again
• Take a mini vacation once a month either by myself or with the girls and I already have the perfect January one in mind
• Make an effort to dress up everyday because when I do, I always conquer the world 🙂
• Treat myself and my body to a home spa day every Sunday – the works, pedi, mask, exfoliate, foot scrub, chick flick
• Dress up everytime I go to dinner
• Have a once a month dinner where all the girls get together
• Keep up my hair dying schedule
• Capture memories on my camera instead of stealing pics off fb lol, thanks choua
• Do my nails every Thursday, once a month breaking to go to a nail salon
• No more pop or candy (chocolate is permitted on occasion)
• Join a gym with michelle and go at least three times a week
• Make the effort (and set aside the money) to take classes (dance, cooking, yoga)
• Make and complete a MUFE palette
• Keep a daily list of my spending in my moleskin notebook
• Find a watch and wear it – I’ve become too dependent on my phone as my life source. I need to find backups for telling time, calenders, calculators, etc.
• Go on a roadtrip to someplace other than Duluth
• Try new places to eat
• Quit watching reality tv because I hate most of it anyways
• Marry GD, and yes, this is part of the do-able list lol 🙂
• Get a tattoo – yes, this is the year! I feel it in my bones; something substantial enough will happen and I will finally have reason to get a tattoo
• Club more – I know, sounds like a desperate attempt to hold onto my youth again but I think a little more clubbing will help us let loose and get together again and if not, at least we’ll come out with great pictures lol
• Spend more time on my health – I’ve been neglecting my checkups lately because of my health insurance issues but once I get back on (soon,) I’m immediately booking myself a physical and teeth cleaning.
• Go to a Twins game!
Want to do list
• Move out
• Start an online business
• Learn to use false lashes correctly, ie pain means incorrect
• Express my feelings more – I’m not an emotional person, nor do I ever say those three words. I shall endeavor to do it more or at least replace a few “me toos” with those three words (see, I can’t even type them without feeling mushy in the organs)
• Put up my shelves I bought from Ikea (a few months now)
• Excersize more patience
• Find a way to use my bedding set and my hmong blankets
Overall, I have more do-able things than wishful thinking things so I think I’m in a good place. As long as I develop routine and put everything in my planner, It will happen. If there is one thing I’m sure of, it’s that everything is in my hands; if I want it, it’ll happen. Have a great new years everyone!